First-Aid Tips for Choking Victim
About how to treat someone who is having breathing difficultly or has stopped breathing due to choking on a foreign object.
CHOKING DUE TO FOREING OBJECT IN THROAT
1. First, have the victim try to cough out the object on his own.
2. Reassure him, as he may be panicky.
3. If that doesn't work, follow the procedure above for removing foreign matter from the throat. (See also: Breathing Difficulty or Stoppage, Treatment #7, paragraphs 2 and 3.)
4. If the object does not fall out, rush the victim to a hospital.
5. If the victim has severe difficulty breathing, apply artificial respiration. (The object is probably lodged in the windpipe.)
|You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » How to Prepare and Use a First-Aid Supply Kit » First-Aid Tips for Choking Victim|
|DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm|