Our Bodies, Ourselves by the Boston Women's Health Book Collective
An excerpt from the book Our Bodies, Ourselves by the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, a book that covers a wide range of issues important to a woman.
OUR BODIES, OURSELVES. By the Boston Women's Health Book Collective. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1973.
About the book: A book by and for women which covers such subjects as sexuality, anatomy, rape, health, nutrition, and emotions. Women are encouraged to acquire knowledge and gain control of their own lives. There is a lot of practical information about abortion, birth control, and other topics which is illustrated with numerous 1st-person accounts of personal experiences.
From the book: What to expect from your doctor:
1. An accurate diagnosis of your condition, healthy or otherwise, at your request.
2. Results and meaning of any tests or examinations performed by him or by others at his direction, as soon as they are available.
3. Indications for treatment, varieties, and alternatives, pros and cons of particular treatments in the opinion of other experts, as well as the doctor's own preference and the reasons for it.
4. Answers to your questions about any examination or procedure he may perform, in advance of or at any time during the performance of it. Stopping any examination or procedure at any moment, at your request.
5. Complete information about purpose, content, and known effects of all drugs prescribed or administered, including possible risks, sideeffects, and contra-indications, especially of any combination of drugs.
6. Willingness to accept and wait for a 2nd medical opinion before performing any elective surgery which involves alteration or removal of any organ or body part.
7. Answers to your questions about your body or your general physical health and functioning, in addition to any particular condition. Or, encouragement to seek these answers from another source.
|You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » Best and Best Selling from Books » Our Bodies, Ourselves by the Boston Women's Health Book Collective|
|DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm|