Satchel Paige Tips to Help You Stay Young
A few health hints and tips to help you stay young brought to you by famous baseball pitcher Satchel Paige.
How to Stay Young
By Leroy R. "Satchel" Paige
In July, 1948, the 42-year-old Paige joined the Cleveland Indians to become the 1st black pitcher in baseball history. He won 2 of his 1st 3 games by shutouts. He was already a legend before he entered the major leagues. In the 25 years before that, hurling for barn-storming black teams and the National Negro Leagues, he pitched 3,000 games and achieved 300 shutouts and 50 no-hitters. In 1965, Paige pitched for Kansas City and became the oldest person to appear in a major-league baseball game. He was 59. He has strong ideas about staying youthful, and here are some of them:
1. Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood.
2. If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts.
3. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move.
4. Go very lightly on the vices, such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain't restful.
5. Avoid running at all times.
6. Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.
|You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » How to Stay Forvever Young » Satchel Paige Tips to Help You Stay Young|
|DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm|