Country of the World Azores

About the country Azores, its location, size, population, leaders and rulers.

NATIONS AND THEIR RULER

AZORES

Size: 902 sq. mi. (2,335 sq. km.).

Population: 320,000.

Consisting of 10 major islands, the Azores are a Portuguese colony, located approximately 750 miles east of Portugal in the North Atlantic Ocean. A government survey taken in January, 1976, reported that 45% of Azoreans polled wanted full independence from Portugal, while the remaining 55% wanted varying degrees of local political autonomy. In 1975 the Azores Liberation Front (FLA)--an anti-Portuguese and anti-Communist movement--was organized, but it has lost support since the political situation in Portugal has stabilized.

You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » Countries of the World: Azorres » Country of the World Azores
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm