Pure Fun Trivia Quiz Part 1 Questions
A collection of fun trivia question over a variety of subjects from pop culture to geography.
PURE TRIVIA QUIZ
1. Okay, George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr were the Beatles. But there were two other persons who had been Beatles. Can you name them?
2. Where would you find the Islands of Langerhans?
3. Before saying good-bye to Mr. Chips, from what school in England did he retire from teaching?
4. Wait a moment--what is the time span of one moment?
5. Who lives at Number 11 Downing Street in London?
6. In baseball, the most renowned double play combination in history was Tinker to Evers to Chance. Chance played first base for the Chicago Cubs. Evers played second base. Tinker played shortstop. Who played third base?
7. William Shakespeare and his wife, Anne Hathaway, had three children--one daughter born in 1583 and twins born in 1585. Can you name the twins?
8. What were the measurements of the first Miss America, who won in 1921?
9. Both houses of Congress once voted to adjourn so that members could watch a horse race. What horse was the winner of that race?
10. Jeff, of Mutt and Jeff of comic strip fame, had a twin brother. Can you name him?
11. What were the real first names of the four Marx Brothers?
12. In the New Testament, what were the three gifts of the Magi?
13. Pres. John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy had a third child, born in 1963, who died shortly afterward. What was the boy's name?
14. What did Jane Porter and Jane Parker have in common?
15. All sports fans know the popular poem "Casey at the Bat," written by Ernest L. Thayer in 1888. All right, what was the score when Casey came to bat?
16. In only one of his plays did William Shakespeare mention America. Which play was it?
17. What kind of tree is the Douglas fir?
18. Five persons were killed when the Bridge of San Luis Rey fell (in Thornton Wilder's 1927 novel). Who were they?
19. How many days were there in 1752?
20. Two of the world's most famous writers died on the same date--April 23, 1616--yet did not die on the same day. Who were the two writers? Why did they die on the same date but different days?
21. Where is the Island of His?
22. Which one of the seven dwarfs in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was beardless?
23. Who was the actor who was the star in the pilot of television's The Dick Van Dyke Show?
24. What writer created the character of the Cisco Kid?
25. What was the original name of the Howdy Doody show on television?
26. Who wrote the Flag Pledge--you know, "I pledge allegiance to the flag"?
|You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » Pure Fun Trivia Quiz » Pure Fun Trivia Quiz Part 1 Questions|
|DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm|