Troubleshooter's Guide to Appliances Clothes Dryer
A short troubleshooting guide to help you diagnose and fix problems with your clothes dryer.
HANDY CHECKLIST FOR INDIVIDUAL APPLIANCES
Problem: Dryer does not operate.
1. Cause: Door not firmly closed.
Remedy: Reclose door firmly.
2. Cause: Controls not properly set.
Remedy: Check position of controls and adjust to proper setting. Make sure START control has been set.
Problem: Clothes do not dry in proper time.
1. Cause: Dryer overloaded.
Remedy: Follow manufacturer's instructions for loading.
2. Cause: Lint tray full.
Remedy: Clean lint tray; empty after each use.
3. Cause: Clothes too wet when put in dryer.
Remedy: Check washer to be sure that spin cycle is operating properly.
Problem: Clothes shrink.
1. Cause: Controls not set at proper temperature for type of fabric.
Remedy: Follow manufacturer's instructions on suggested temperatures for various fabrics and do not overdry.
Problem: Fabrics yellow during drying process.
1. Cause: Improper washing that has failed to remove oily substance from fabrics or the use of too much detergent-problem not caused by dryer.
Remedy: Follow manufacturer's instructions on recommended amount of detergent.
|You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » Troubleshooter's Guide to Kitchen and Household Appliances » Troubleshooter's Guide to Appliances Clothes Dryer|
|DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm|