Household Tips and Hints Laundry Room
A list of helpful household tips and hints for the laundry room.
HOUSEHOLD HINTS--ROOM BY ROOM
* A scorch mark on a white garment can be removed by placing a cloth moistened with hydrogen peroxide on top of the discoloration and then ironing over the cloth. Remember, this works only for white garments.
* Clothes will wrinkle if they are not immediately removed from the dryer. If this happens, wet a towel, wring it out, and toss it into the dryer with the clothes. Tumble-dry the load for about 4 min. to get rid of the wrinkles.
* Turn the ironing board around when working on large pieces like curtains or tablecloths. The iron will rest at the pointed end, and the board's larger, wider end will provide more ironing surface for the items.
* Run out of distilled water for your steam iron? One tablespoon of ammonia added to one cup of tap water will result in a fluid that won't clog up the iron.
* Sandpaper, placed under the pleats of a pleated skirt, will hold the pleats in place as you iron the skirt.
|You Are Here: Trivia-Library Home » Household Tips and Hints by Room » Household Tips and Hints Laundry Room|
|DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ - By printing, downloading, or using you agree to our full terms. Review the full terms at the following URL: /disclaimer.htm|